1. Offer to take a makeup newbie friend to Sephora to help them isolate a few key products for their makeup bag. If you can’t spend the money, it doesn’t mean that someone else can’t!
2. Become really interested in multi-vitamins and supplements. The one’s that are known to enhance skincare benefits. Who said you can’t work from the inside out!
3. Start looking at your most recent last purchases and wonder if you can return it, and if you can, whether exchanging it for another product technically breaks the ban. WHY, YES. Yes, it does.
4. Starting looking at food and thinking of ways you can use it in a new beauty related way. Manuka honey, Tumeric, Yogurt? I am on my way! No one said I couldn’t buy foodstuffs that doubles as a hair or skin treatment. BWWWAAAHHHAAA!
5. Start thinking of birthday gifts that are coming up, and wonder if that relative who has never had an interest in skincare needs a skincare routine STAT!
6. Consider buying a skincare routine, or perfume set, for your mom, who actually does like that stuff, for Mother’s Day.
7. Think about whether Sephora will let you redeem your points without a purchase.
8. Consider whether redeeming those Sephora Beauty Insider Points breaks the ban. Yes. Yes, it does.
9. Start adding items to a shopping cart in a moment of weakness, but close the browser after you have entered your log in information.
10. Start going through your products and rediscover products you have forgotten about and immediately put them into rotation. It’s (almost) new to you-AGAIN!
11. Rediscover products there was a reason you didn’t use and give yourself an accidental chemical burn…
12. Stare at the count down clock daily and ask yourself if you went overboard committing to six months. Maybe, I did. Just a little.
13. Ask yourself, who really needs to know if you break your ban, huh. WHO! WHO! TELL ME! WHO NEEDS TO KNOW! Thaaaaaaaaaaaaat’s riiiight. NOONEDOES! Actually, yes they do. How lame would that be. Lying to internet folks you’ve never even met in person! 🙂
14. Get a little loose hipped about other purchases you probably would have shown more restraint on…Why yes, I need that floral printed leather cosmetic case! So pretty!
15. Start avoiding those promotional emails from beauty retailers. Shakes fist at Skincarerx and their 30% off storewide promotion!
16. Become relieved when you realize the coupon restrictions covers all the brands you want.
17. Become extra creative with old products courtesy of a good idea from a blog commentator. #SILKIESTBUTTCHEEKSEVER
18. Wander out of Sephora wearing a new lipstick shade from STILA’s called Tesoro on the lips. You know, that thing you said was tacky when you saw OTHER people do it. #YOUGOTSERVED
19. Stare listlessly at your makeup and skincare-filled Muji organizers for long stretches of time.
20. Develop bad case of Jazz Hands when your hands are near each other because you are lost in thought thinking about the beauty spending ban.
21. Start obsessively stalking your usual blog haunts and repeatedly clicking the refresh button. DAMNITWHYISEVERYONENOTGIVINGMETHEGOODS!