I want to thank Jacques over at Jacques Delight for nominating for the Versatile Blogger Award – my very first Versatile Blogger Award! Jacques is an incredibly versatile blogger who loves books and beauty, so expect to find numerous reviews on both, but also random odds and ends on just about anything.
Now – on to the the 7 things about me (I feel like I am this close to giving away my blood type, bank account number and snapshot of my birth certificate. teehee) with all the about me nuggets:
1. I constantly debate on whether to out certain rather huge aspects about myself on the blog to put things in context. What I do, my name….you know the basics.
2. However, I am a bit paranoid.
3. I used to be very into designer bags…thank goodness that’s no longer the case…
4. Some of my friends still don’t know about my beauty blog and I don’t think I will ever share it. If it’s not their thing, why share it?
5. I always say I am going to get plastic surgery to either fix my nose, or get another “enhancement,” but I don’t think I will – for the nose. Now that other one….
6. I don’t think botox is plastic surgery, therefore, when the time comes, botox me up! (Secretly though, I hope that I will be the special little snowflake who won’t need it).
7. I am a speedreader. This mostly involves dropping articles and other unnecessary words. Unfortunately, this skill has affected my thought and writing patterns – significantly. I constantly have to proofread more “social” types of writing. This blog showed me how bad it truly is. Eek.
Now, on to the 15 blogs. Yikes. What I have become aware of is that bloggers tend to travel in packs. We tend to circle around the same blogs. I am not interested in redundancy. But I also have less time to discover new blogs-which makes me sad. So, with that I am altering the rules. Sorry! I am only going to post one blog, which I have found VERY impressive, and which I am sure is not visited by the same circle of blogs that visit mine. I love her organization, product selection (budget to department store mix), and the awesome FOTDs. She has only been blogging since late fall but her blog growth has been EXPLOSIVE – and she takes pictures with an IPHONE folks. *shakes head at my crappy lighting and skill situation* She also has a companion tumblr site which I find just incredibly beautiful to look at because I love the assortment of colors.
Introducing the beauty MILK, both the blog and the tumblr site. Written by Coco of Puerto Rico, a latina – woohoo. She is an engineering student with a passion for cosmetics and the skills to compete with any makeup artist. Oh yeah, and she is gorgeous – SMACK, SMACK, SMACK – just kidding! I hope to see her enter the Allure Beauty Blogger Competition coming this spring (hint, hint).
UPDATED: Apparently the bogus REVLON sponsored Allure Beauty Blogger Competition is not open to commonwealth Puerto Ricans, despite being citizens of the United States. Bummer.
An honorable mention goes to Teni Panosian of Miss Maven. She is an actress/model of armenian descent, who created her own blog and youtube channel. Apparently, armenian women are beautiful, she looks strikingly similar to Kim Kardashian. I don’t really consider her blog an amateur blog, so it gets an honorable mention. However, I LOVE her makeup tutorial videos.
*click on the bold to get to the blog or tumblr site.